Seeking Roomate Starting June 1

No replies
M Sloan's picture
M Sloan

My house has a room opening up June 1 and me and my housemates are seeking a roomate!

the Basics: $422/mo. plus utilites (which avg $85/mo, more or less)

Bensonhurst, Brooklyn: 20th Ave on the N train

Move in June 1 with first month's rent plus one month's deposit.

the Hood: Bensonhurst: about 45-50 min from Union Sq. some excellent Italian bakeries and pizzerias, some great Chinese-marts, and a few Russian corner stores. Soccer court ten min. walk away. Balley's gym 15 min walk. Coney Island 15min by train or less by bike. Also, 15 min walk from F train and D train. Nice immediate neighbors. PO at corner.

the House: We have the whole house. Including you, we make five housemates. We have tons and tons of common space:

* very large and spacious living room
* big kitchen with two fridges, gas stove, oven
* finished basement totally available for recreation, art making, music production, etc.
* back yard with garden
* hardwood floors, lots of natural light
* bathtub with plenty of hot water

the Room: small roughly 7' x 10' with shallow closet. Window overlooking back yard gardens.

the Roomies: Not counting you, there're four of us. Ranging in age from 24-37. Three guys, one lady. One's big into soccer, one's an artist, does yoga in the living room a lot, a few are into keeping a nice kitchen. Personalities tend towards the cooperative, kind-natured and mild-mannered. Queer-friendly. We're all into having a pleasant home. House languages are English, Russian and Spanish. One, super friendly cat, two dogs that live here only part-time.

We're Seeking a roomate who:

* can commit to June 1, who has a reliable income/financial security.
* mature-minded, good-communicator, good-natured, concientious, easy-going
* is not a heavy drinker-drug abuser, yet who's comfortable with people who drink.
* absolutely no tobacco smoke indoors. No hard drugs (narcotics)
* we have a big tv in the living room, but I don't want someone who's gonna watch it all the time. We need a roomate who's willing to continuously balance everyone's desires for living room tv vs. living room peace. Same goes for general noisiness. During the day, noise is good and fine, and so is peace and quiet. We communicate a lot about the balancing and counterbalancing for needs for noise vs. quiet. During the night quiet (outside of the basement) is essential. Consideration, cooperation and communication are everything in this department.
* washes their dishes after eating. Can contribute to the cleanliness of the house.

If interested please: let me know what you do for a living and a little about yourself such as what you're seeking in a home environment, what your habitation-style is and what your interests and hobbies are.
email:
silverpeddle at gmail dot com