a tasty fresh spring salad...

No replies
speakerb's picture
speakerb

i've been cooking more often trying to cut back on spending money on foods that are bad for me and bleeding my wallet dry. i've been fooling around with this salad for a while and it seems like its in a pretty good place to share.

ingredients:

grape tomatoes (about half the container per pear/avacodo, etc.)
1 avocado
1 pear
asparagus (depending on the size and thickness, 5-10 stems)
1 lemon
olive oil
salt
pepper

rinse with water and then grill the wet asparagus in a pan with a dash of olive oil for a short while, about 6-8 minutes, shaking the pan from time to time so they get a little braised on all sides. chop the grape tomatoes into little halves, chop the pear into similar size pieces along with the avocado. you can do the chopping while the asparagus is cooking. let the asparagus sit for about ten minutes to cool, then chop up those little buddies as well. mix everything in a bowl with about a Tbls of olive oil, a dash of salt and pepper and one freshly squeezed lemon. put a bit of cellophane or a lid over your mixed veggies and shake the bowl for a few seconds while all the juices and things begin to create a coating for the mixture. its best served chilled. Enjoy!

domo arigato