Good show at GBM last night...

No replies
MMM's picture
MMM

I hadn't been to GBM since they cleaned up the back yard. It's nice. There seem to be a lot of changes going on at GBM. Seems good for the most part. Of course you always fear change a bit. Hopefully they don't lose that old school charm. Seems like they're keeping a pretty good balance. Happy Rappies were amazing as usual, even with the technical difficulties. I'm curious to know exactly what the problem was? I felt good about playing e. guitar with Prewar. It's a bit of a work in progress but a lot of potential here. I couldn't hear Mikes guitar in the monitors so since this is the basis for the entire band it was a bit of a tricky. Seems like there were monitor issues all night. What's up with that? I missed the French band. Anyone see them? It was really nice to see a band like They Would Be Happy People. It was kind of neat to see a different more progressive rock band but I'm a longtime fan of Leslie's voice and I look forward to seeing them as they get more live shows under their belt. Word on the street is they've got a new album coming out soon. Huggabroomstik was in good form. I like Robert on Bass. I kind of wish I could have heard Neil's guitar and the drums a bit more since there was no 2nd guitar player tongight. I loved the Smith's cover. I also heard that Brian Speaker might be picking up some sound shifts there so hopefully that means some of those monitor issues will get worked out. The sound in the house was good for the most part though. Thanks to Dashan for putting on such a fun night.

"Here to do great things."