Looking for Apt Starting February

No replies
M Sloan's picture
M Sloan

I'm wondering if there's not anyone out there who's looking for a roomate starting Feb 1 who'd be a good roomate match with me.

I'd live all over Brooklyn or in Ridgewood, Queens.

I have a cat.

I'm looking for a place where my part isn't more than $600 incl. everything.

I'm looking for a place with a bathtub and a way for my cat to get outside to play.

I like living with creative types, spiritual types, industrious types, and freedom fighter types. I also like living with comfortably friendly and emotionally mature people that can peacefully and clearly communicate their needs. I myself am a visual artist and I'm generally pretty industrious. I do yoga in the living room a lot.

I've had a lot of bad luck with violent, drug abusive and mentally deranged roomates so I put together a basic elimination list in the hopes this will make better matches.

My Basic Elimination List for a Roomate:
Folks who will ever smoke tobacco anywhere in the apartment-No
Folks who smoke pot- fine
Folks who don't want to live with pot smoke in their house- fine
Folks who will leave dishes in the sink- NO
Folks who regularly enjoy drinking alcohol at home alone--NO Moderate social drinkers, and folks who only rarely drink at home alone-- totally fine
Hard drug users-nope
Folks who do not think vinegar and baking soda are acceptable for house cleaning and who'll only use harsh chemical cleaners--no.
Recovering alcoholics or recovering drug addicts-- ok only if you've been in recovery with no relapses for minimum 18 months
Dudes who occasionally "play rough" with their "buddies" in the apt.-no
Loud fuckers of any sexual preference-sure as long as it's not loud like that every day
People who have an issue with living with someone who's occasionally a loud fucker-- no
Folks who watch tv in the common space often--no (occasionally-- sure. Movies or video games-- sure)
No (more) cats
No to dogs that bark out the windows or at the doors or mark around the house and chew up shoes and things they find, yes to housebroken dogs that are quiet when indoors and uninterested in your things.
Folks that often suddenly shout at people they're conversing with or who curse sharply to themselves--no.
Cursing in mundane frustration to yourself-- sure, no prob.
Shouting with people-- no prob as long as you can remember when people are sleeping.
Folks who understand and will respect the need for peace and quiet in the common rooms--yes
Folks who understand and will respect the need for loud music and wild, rambunctious behavior or dancing in the common areas-- yes.
Folks who have issues with friendly, small talk- no.
Folks who are uncomfortable when the other person in the room is not feeling talkative--no.

Basically I'm trying to weed out the insensitive and difficult and find someone who's concientious and moderate with their behavioral extravagancies. I aim to have a peaceful, harmonious, sane and safe home environment.

If this sounds like you or your criteria and you're looking for places now write me: silverpeddle at gmail dot com