Things on the way? (Tech/anti-tech shit.)

No replies
Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss

Last night I was thinking about how hard it would have been 20 years ago to imagine some of this surveillance stuff the govt' now uses.
I thought, "What will be in 20 years?"
Assuming things continue along the same trajectory (which may not end up being the case) I figured they would develop more sensitive instruments that took in more diversified info.
Ie. they won't just have cameras up on the walls, but devices that also record your body heat levels etc.
Perhaps heart rate levels will be recorded and large jumps in the number of beats per minute will be recorded and this info will be compared to the info of the others that pass by the device.
Large jumps in heart rate may be indicative of nervousness or a fear about an act one is about to commit. You get the picture.
On and on it'll go until someone blows the planet up.
(Now, if someone(s) takes down the electricity grid things could turn out way diiferent.
Speaking of which, eventually there will be no electricity grid because all energy sources on this planet are finite and will run out.
"Nuh uh--what about solar?"
Well, not including the sun burning out many centuries from now solar is not a sustainable source of energy--beyond what it supplies naturally with no technology involved.
IE. the sun warming up a pool of water is sustainable sloar power until the end of the solar system, but energy that is collected by using solar panels is not sustainable--since massive amounts of other materials are needed to build and transport and lift and secure and mainatin these things.
In other words--all the fuel is going to run out.)

Here is an article I saw today but have not read yet:
http://www.truthdig.com/eartotheground/item/the_privacy_war_just_got_bio...