44 replies [Last post]
MMM's picture
MMM

Let us know.

"Here to do great things."

Elastic No-No Band's picture
Elastic No-No Band
Pretty good for its first day.

I think it looks awesome, and its maneuverability is great!

When things are less hectic, I'd like to submit a better bio for the band than that tired old antifolk.net bio... but in due time!

--Info on three-worded acts like Elastic No-No Band, Joe Crow Ryan, and Thomas Patrick Maguire at http://www.weemaykmusic.com --

MMM's picture
MMM
Hey Justin, Thanks for the

Hey Justin, Thanks for the nice comments. If you wanna email me your most current bio I'd be happy swap it out with the outdated one.

Bee K's picture
Bee K
Important re: Passwords

When you are creating your password, the site lets you know if the password is strong enough. Mine is weak, but the site DOES let me use the weak password if I want. Since this isn't a bank account or anything, I'll cool with that. Just for people to know in case they keep creating a "strong" password and forgetting it (like I did twice).

OK...back to my break.

Tone-new's picture
Tone-new
New site

I liked the simplicity of the old site and board, but I can see how this makes more sense as a commercial site.

Will we lose the old board and all the posts on it?

MMM's picture
MMM
30 days left for the old board.

I've just renewed the subscription for the old board for just another 30 days. After that. It's all over here now.

Jeannie's picture
Jeannie
I'm In, I Think

A little confusing, but once I figured it out & got my wireless working again, I think I made it!

The site looks great Matt! Kudo's to you & everyone who helped out. Great job folks!

Yes, its me. You may now genuflect.

Toby Goodshank's picture
Toby Goodshank
i'm down with this

fully

Chris Andersen's picture
Chris Andersen
Looks good

Yeah, real nice.

omfug's picture
omfug
Maybe a Link

back to the current board postings. Some hot threads there, but there's no way to get there from here...

Costello's picture
Costello
Sweet

I like it.

Yes. I wrote this.

betsy's picture
betsy
Looks great!

Congrads dads!

speakerb's picture
speakerb
whatcha

whatcha, whatcha want!

neato!

domo arigato

Bee K's picture
Bee K
more thoughts?

Matt, Dibs, as new thoughts pop into our minds re: improvements, do you want us to post them? Is it too late for major/minor adjustments? Over all I really like it. I went back and looked at the layouts of some other successful boards that I enjoy spending time on and had some ideas.

Or maybe this layout will tame my posting. Yeah, let's just keep it as it is.

MMM's picture
MMM
Don't hold back...

Feel free to let me know what you dig and don't dig about the site. It's a work in progress!

CATB's picture
CATB
!

AWESOME new site MMM!

<3
us!

MMM's picture
MMM
Thanks

I'm about ready for those C&B CD's for the distro if you still wanna do it?

CATB's picture
CATB
!

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss woo! how should we get em to youuu?

MMM's picture
MMM
Drop em off.

Can you give me your email and I'll send you info about the deal. Let me know next time you're in the LES.
Take care
MMM

CATB's picture
CATB
!

yez zirrrrrrrrrrrr, our email is crazyandthebrains@gmail.com

Bee K's picture
Bee K
the online/offline indicator

the online/offline indicator and poster's icon could be stacked on a column on the left...I'm thinking about that space to the right that isn't being utilized. Maybe the title of the person's post could go there, in a slightly larger font, so that it was a bit more separated from the rest of the post. that might be cool! the top bar would look like:

posters' icon - online status - post title
-------------------------------------------------

post here

MMM's picture
MMM
Yeah...

I'll ask Dibs. I'm sure we can fuck (hey look we can write fuck now!) with the inner working of the forum but there is an option to display modules for the sidebars that indicated who is on the forum what the most recent posts were. I thought maybe it was too confusing but maybe not? I was also wondering if the online/offline thing was kind of intrusive as well??? I know a lot of people like to lurk and this this kind of blows their cover a bit. Though I suppose you don't have to be singed in to lurk. ???

Anther Pollitt's picture
Anther Pollitt
Amazing, amazing, amazing -

Amazing, amazing, amazing - is there anyway i can show my gratitude?

MMM's picture
MMM
Buy something from the

Buy something from the distro, go to a show on the calendar, keep being AMAZING!!!!

Anther Pollitt's picture
Anther Pollitt
Already way ahead of you on

Already way ahead of you on the first one but the second is a stretch i'm afraid :\ ,i got school..

- But when are Schwervon coming to tour Europe again? i would love to see you guys!!

Maybe when the new album comes out?

MMM's picture
MMM
Cheers.

Next year. Fingers crossed... If you sign up for the Newsletter I'm sure we'll let you know.

tina's picture
tina
getting used to it

I think it's going to take a while for me to get used to this new msgboard format. The events calendar is much improved, well done. I'll continue to lurk in the meantime...nice to be able to write 'fuck' now without being censored. And "Dream Bitches." Woo hoo! That felt good.

Thomas Patrick Maguire's picture
Thomas Patrick ...
Am i in?

I hope so.

Thomas Patrick Maguire's picture
Thomas Patrick ...
I am in.

I like the new site. It looks great. All of those involved should be proud. --------------tpm

LP's picture
LP
Comments

Only because you mentioned it Matt.. wondering what the editor is. I've sorta gathered that a lot of people consider WYSIWYG+CKeditor (as plugin, not module) to be pretty solid, but I haven't actually implemented it on a site in combination with other customization. Whatever it is, I find it to be pretty satisfactory. Oh, I see, it doesn't have a rich-text view, or you're hiding it.. hmm.

Breadcrumbs could be bigger, and maybe green would fit the color scheme? I think they have a css class to themselves.

I also find the Avatar/name/offline arrangement to be weird, maybe I'll get used to it.

Another thing you mentioned:
I've seen iTweak Upload repeatedly mentioned with praise re: attachment interface.

MMM's picture
MMM
Thanks for the input. To be

Thanks for the input. To be honest a lot of this stuff is a bit over my heard. I'll see what Dibs says about this.

dibson's picture
dibson
Using BUEditor

I'd be curious to try out the WYSIWYG+CKeditor. Personally, I find the WYSIWYG editors a bit annoying, but I realize I'm not a typical user. Right now we're using BUEditor, which I'm ok with but not super-psyched on. What I like about it is that it's simple and doesn't provide wild formatting options.

iTweakUpload looks great, I'll take a look at it when I get a chance.

LP's picture
LP
drupadup

WYSIWYG acts as a host/integrator, and then you drop in the editors in as plugins, it seems to be the way this particular clusterfark is wrapping up, as far as I can see. You still have a choice of 10 editors. :)

CKeditor has simple config files that allow you to define your toolbars.
config.toolbar_OjBasic = [
['Bold','Italic'],
[''Blockquote','NumberedList','BulletedList']
['Link','Unlink']

Each [...] section is a toolbar chunk for visual grouping.
Though I'm not sure if yr supposed to make your own toolbars, or edit the defaults like DrupalBasic, etc.. that come preloaded in the config file.

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
Narrow Borders?

When I go from this message board to the older message board I immediately get a sense of spaciousness their that is not here.

What do you think about making those dotty green borders more narrow so as to have the message board be wider?

MMM's picture
MMM
I know what you mean....

There is a technical issue that had to do with how pictures are displayed that sort of made us make the page more narrow. It also has something to do with how the site can be viewed on certain laptops and phones. But this is for sure a point that I'm discussing with Dibs and I hope some day we could at least make the forum section a bit wider, mostly so you don't have do do so much scrolling. Thanks for the input.

Elastic No-No Band's picture
Elastic No-No Band
Idea for the Forum

If the forum is going to have categories, maybe you should create

"Shows and Music-related discussion"

"News and Current Events discussion"

so that way Islamic Center debates aren't bumping up against show plugs. Maybe add another catch-all category on top of those, but dividing the talk up into those two would make scanning the forum for entries easier.

--Info on three-worded acts like Elastic No-No Band, Joe Crow Ryan, and Thomas Patrick Maguire at http://www.weemaykmusic.com --

MMM's picture
MMM
Perhaps, but there's really

Perhaps, but there's really no point in having show plugs on the forum now that we have a good events calendar. That's really the best place for stuff like that. Personally, I think gig announcements here are redundant and just muck it up.

And if you'll notice, people don't really pay that close of attention to those labels anyway hence people posting their looking for gigs and for sale items in the general discussion forum even though we have a section clearly labeled: Buy/Sell/Trade/Looking For/Giving Away

Soléna's picture
Soléna
slow?

The new website is still kind of slow for me (maybe 10/15 seconds to open a new page). Am I the only one with this problem?

='.'=

LP's picture
LP
slowosity

No, it's not just you.. All database driven sites have to be tuned & tweaked for performance... all sorts of crazy stuff, like aggregating css code, cache tweaking, trimming image sizes, fun stuff.

soce's picture
soce
Forum view counter?

Is there a way to have a counter of how many views each post gets?

MMM's picture
MMM
I'll look into it. Thanks!

I'll look into it. Thanks!

Soléna's picture
Soléna
where's the cart ?

I was putting some stuff from the distro on my cart and then going back to the website to look. But when I wanted to see what I had on my cart I never found a "cart" tab. Where is it ?

='.'=

MMM's picture
MMM
I think I got it. Reload the

I think I got it. Reload the site and look at the top of the right hand column. Thanks
Hope you're doing well.
MMM

Soléna's picture
Soléna
super !

I'm great.
There's so much new stuff I wanna buy. I think I'm gonna treat myself in a couple weeks here ;)

='.'=

MMM's picture
MMM
Good to hear!

Good to hear!
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/2/2/129096415193589950.jpg