9-11

1 reply [Last post]
MMM's picture
MMM

Okay, I don't wanna get too schmaltzy but it seems to be hitting me harder this year for some reason. I don't know if it's because I turned 40 or if it's all this Islamic Center debate or that idiot preacher who was gonna burn the Koran but I flipped on the TV and they were reading off the names of the 9-11 victims and I kind of lost it. I couldn't stop crying. I think I needed it in a way. It wasn't just sadness though. Aside from the idea of how long it literally takes to just read that many names I was struck by all the different ethnicities that the names conjured up. There was also this big pool of flowers at the site where people were adding to as they read the names. It was enormous and really beautiful. It was one of those feelings of being deeply sad but also kind of amazed at the same time.
http://images.publicradio.org/content/2009/09/11/20090911_september_11_ceremony_18.jpg

"Here to do great things."

Anther Pollitt's picture
Anther Pollitt
Tough time

It's a tough time of the month ,they kept showing that ''120 minutes that shook America'' and the '911 Liar' documentaries.

That was rough watching all the people get caught up in the all the smog trying to run away...