Your handwriting on the computer...

3 replies [Last post]
MMM's picture
MMM

Another good one from Dad

I haven't done it but it appears as though you can actually create a font from your own handwriting. Kinda of neat. The only catch is you'll have to pay for it if you wanna use it not through their site but it's still pretty cool.

http://pilothandwriting.com/en/

"Here to do great things."

Chris Andersen's picture
Chris Andersen
I've seen a lot of webcomics

I've seen a lot of webcomics artists use things like that. It's weird, because at first it looks hand written, but then after a while it becomes totally apparent that it's typed. I prefer the human touch and the control you get with hand lettering. At least for comics. This would be cool if you wanted to mass produce a work of fiction, I think. Make it look kind of like you hand wrote every page. Print it up on lined loose leaf. Something like that.

Soléna's picture
Soléna
I tried

It's fun but still doesn't seem as alive as a real handwriting. When you create it, if you write too well, it doesn't look like your true handwriting and if you try to write normally (like I did) it looks really bad and weird. the thing is that the letters are always the same, so it would never look like real handwriting.

='.'=

MMM's picture
MMM
I agree. I have very very bad

I agree. I have very very bad handwriting so I'd be a little interested in seeing what it looks like if my writing was more consistent. But I'm probably too lazy to go through the process.

When I was designing my first album cover with a friend we were getting into looking at all of these "hand written" fonts. I didn't have a scanner at the time so we were trying to look for one that looked real. This just made me think of that too.

"Here to do great things."