I'm not so much into venom lately but, this is freakin' hilarious

9 replies [Last post]
Amos's picture
Amos

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

MMM's picture
MMM
I just heard someone refer to

I just heard someone refer to Sarah Palin as the rodeo clown for the bull riding accident that is American politics right now. This sounded very accurate to me.

"Here to do great things."

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
let's look at this

If somebody else does not stop to listen to the disenfrachised and Tea Party members and take some of there concerns seriously Sarah Palin may be America's next president.
Something really weird is happening here.
The mainstream democrats and republicans are insulting, ridiculing, and waving off all these people as nuts, but they are going to shit there pants when the next election is over.
The people in the senate and house are clueless as to just how many people are sick of layoffs, bailouts, foreclosures, politician's that do the bidding of corporations (Obama), etc.
Honestly, people ought to stop with the jokes and start listening with compassion.
Palin is a dork, but if she's all these people got, guess what.

Personally, if I were going to involve myself in the political game I'd be taking these fringe people very seriously.
If the next election goes to more of the same you may see street violence, not from me, but from others.

PS I realize Sarah is probably not genuinely interested in the plight of a farmer with 3 kids that sells milk and eggs and is behind on his mortgage payment, but if you have Obama ignoring you and McCain calling you a bumpkin and Sarah sharing her pie (no joke there--apple pie) and acting concerned, who are you going to go with if you believe you should vote?

MMM's picture
MMM
My thoughts

I think the next 2 years is gonna be somewhat of a test for the Tea Party. Some of their people got elected, lets see if "they" can do anything? If the people that wrote Obama off in 2 years can't make something happen in 2 years then I don't their going to have much of a platform to stand on.

I'm also a bit surprised at your reaction Barry. I thought you were rooting for the US political system to self destruct? I can't think of a better person to make that happen faster than Sarah Palin.

I agree that people should listen to people with compassion. I don't find Sarah Palin that compassionate towards my personal thoughts and beliefs. I actually find her quite insensitive and even hostile at times.

Jeannie's picture
Jeannie
Sarah Palin

Gives jackasses a bad name. While it seems plausible now, there is no way she'd ever win an election for president. There are so many people who will be throwing their hat into the ring for the Republican nod & Republicans aren't exactly in her corner. She's burned too many bridges. Then again, its the people who will decide in the end and with Palin fast becoming the Reality TV Queen, I think people will soon see through her antics. Besides, she walked out on being governor of Alaska. What's to say she wouldn't walk out on the presidency also if someone offered her a sweeter deal and she found this job not to her liking?
I seriously doubt the Tea Party members who were recently elected are going to do a fraction of what they claimed they would do. They're going to be too busy falling into the trap of having power for the first time in their lives & they'll be led like sheep to the slaughter by those who are already there.
Nothings going to change and that may give Obama a chance for a second term.
We'll all just have to wait & see how it all plays out. Hopefully in this game the people will win.

Yes, its me. You may now genuflect.

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
What is uncool is that there

What is uncool is that there are a lot of poor people that are in trouble even though they are conscientous and work hard and, from what little I know, no one is listening to them.
Palin is an idiot, but if she is the only one that even pretends to listen to them and they believe in voting then who else will they vote for?
I agree Sarah may not make it on the ballet.

It's starting to shape up like you are going to have poor and desperate people pushed up against a wall. (Some already are.)
Some who have a non-violent belief system will get trampled.
Others are going to grab machetes, AK-47s, and pipe bombs and hit the streets.

MMM, anything that takes strain and effort and force to maintain will eventually fall, so the political system's/ govt's days are numbered.
I just wish it wasn't going to end with tanks and radio-controlled bullets being used against it's own citizens-
people that basically did everything they were told was the right thing to do.

PS News-thursday:
CAMDEN, NJ (CBS) – Camden City Council, as expected, voted Thursday to lay off almost 400 workers, half of them police officers and firefighters, to bridge a $26.5 million deficit.
So, what do you think these firemen-maybe with kids in the local school, maybe with family in the area, maybe with a mortgage (a lot of maybes) are going to do?
Will Citigroup Inc. bail them out?

MMM's picture
MMM
A libertarian's chat with the Tea Party

Bee K's picture
Bee K
If only because it is a

If only because it is a cartoon, Marcella was really into that.

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

The cartoon is propoganda.
It's one-sided and based on talk, not action.

What that liberal in the cartoon says is not what the liberals do.
What they do is work within the corporate power structure.
A liberal may talk that way, but what they do differs.

That Tea Party Cartoon person is obviously a type that truly exists, but not only in that party.

Someone like Chris Hedges could tear these generalizations and assumptions to pieces in a minute.

MMM's picture
MMM
This guy? I think he sounds a

This guy? I think he sounds a lot more like the the libertarian.