Nutmeg high (?)

2 replies [Last post]
Elastic No-No Band's picture
Elastic No-No Band

--Info on three-worded acts like Elastic No-No Band, Joe Crow Ryan, and Thomas Patrick Maguire at http://www.weemaykmusic.com --

Vincent Nifigance's picture
Vincent Nifigance
Ah, this takes me back!

There was no internet when I was a teenager, but we had the rumour that nutmeg could get you high passed onto us somehow.

We also heard it was poisonous though, and gave it a miss, opting instead for grilled banana skins...which we smoked in strips of newspaper sealed with UHU because we didn't have any rolling papers.

There's no accounting for stupidity, and it permeated the Suburbs & High Schools without the internet.

Did you know smoking newspaper makes your lungs feel like old shoes?!

ray's picture
ray
just say no! to nutmeg

When I was in the 10th grade I ate an entire jar of Nutmeg (in doses sandwiched between little pills made out of white bread) and nothing happened, except exuding nutmeg smell / taste for a day or two. Also tried "lettuce opium" from the local head shop, and morning glory seeds, both to no avail (I even remember eating jalapenos and taking niacin to get high)... still stuck with the reality of being myself in the world I live in. Only REAL drugs and ALCOHOL can take you away from that for an extended amount of time....

(see what I mean Matt?) help!