Great clip of Vermont's Senator!

6 replies [Last post]
Jeff Lewis's picture
Jeff Lewis

This guy's a new hero of mine as of this clip! To hear stuff like this being said on the Senate floor to the president and the other assembled politicians, really great stuff. I have noticed nothing in the news or in papers referencing this speech, but it seems pretty vital. Check it out and pass it on!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5OtB298fHY&feature=player_embedded

Amos's picture
Amos
He was on MSNBC

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
Reply to Jeff, Etc.

Awesome speech.
from the heart and right on

There is nothing I can do about it if some of my closer friends do not understand this, but I am not advocating everyone live like me and I do not believe that Sanders is wrong for taking part in the political system.
In my eyes, we all have our own karma.
We all have our own unique qualifications and experiences.
I have my mission to discover and complete and I am 100% in support of everyone else doing the same.
Only MMM knows (or will know) if it's part of his selfless service to run for office some day. If it is, he damned well should do it.
Every single one of us is unique.
While I would never vote or run for office I am not Sen. Sanders.
I believe he's doing good and I enjoyed his speech.

PS I did not watch it at first but a friend at work told me the Sen. was kicking some butt so I figured what the hell.

beau's picture
beau
only vermont could produce

only vermont could produce this masterpiece

~ beau

MMM's picture
MMM
Right on!

I facebooked this...I think everyone should spread this around as much as they can.

"Here to do great things."

rachel's picture
rachel
And Friday...

He made headlines as he took the floor for 8.5 hours, denouncing the Obama-Republican tax agreement. I can't even imagine making a speech that long and have, so far, only listened to excerpts.

Check it out...
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/12/13/bernie_sanders_denounces_obama_go...

Amos's picture
Amos
I hope...

he does the same thing when the new republican majority attempts their inevitable attacks on abortion rights.

I find it incredibly frustrating that it has come to this. For the life of me, I don't understand why people adhere to our political system with such blind devotion. It doesn't have our best interests in mind. The same politicians that just spent millions upon millions on their reelection and election campaigns are somehow telling me, with a straight face, that we don't have the money to provide health care for the sick or unemployment benefits for those that need it? That there isn't enough money for welfare or that welfare is wrong but, extremely wealthy people deserve tax cuts, even if they didn't personally earn the money?

Adam Smith's spinning corpse could probably provide all the power needed to light up the entire fucking eastern seaboard.

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.