Which movie should I see tonight?

5 replies [Last post]
Bee K's picture
Bee K

I'm heading to Sidewalk to check out some of the bands this evening (a really good night, BTW) and then I'm sneaking off to see a late movie. I haven't seen anything in months, the last one I saw was "Exit Through the Gift Shop."

What should I see? I just want to get lost for a few hours...it doesn't need to be the best movie out there. I'm more interested in seeing something that I'll be glad I saw on the big screen (well, they're all better that way, but you know...)

Amos's picture
Amos
I'd wait...

for Tron.

That looks like some damn fine brain candy.

SHINY!!!!

I think the only things playing in the duoplex in my tiny town are Tangled and Harry Potter part eleventeen. If I had to choose, I guess I'd go with Tangled.

What's playing at the Film Forum now? Or Sunshine?

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

Chris Andersen's picture
Chris Andersen
I saw The Warrior's Way this

I saw The Warrior's Way this week, I thought that was a pretty fun movie. Not life changing, but a good popcorn muncher.

Elastic No-No Band's picture
Elastic No-No Band
I'm thinking of seeing the

I'm thinking of seeing the Spalding Gray doc by Soderbergh tonight.

I LOVE YOU PHILLIP MORRIS is really good.

--Info on three-worded acts like Elastic No-No Band, Joe Crow Ryan, and Thomas Patrick Maguire at http://www.weemaykmusic.com --

Elastic No-No Band's picture
Elastic No-No Band
See the Spalding Gray movie that's playing!

The Spalding Gray movie -- AND EVERYTHING IS GOING FINE -- is AWESOME!

There were very few people in the theater, which is heartbreaking, because it is such a great flick.

There's no outside narration -- no title cards, no talking heads. The story of Gray's life is told through compiled footage of his autobiographical monologues plus some TV interview snippets and a couple of brief home movies.

Go see this!

--Info on three-worded acts like Elastic No-No Band, Joe Crow Ryan, and Thomas Patrick Maguire at http://www.weemaykmusic.com --

MMM's picture
MMM
I'm looking forward to this.

"Here to do great things."