Holiday Treat/Gift

4 replies [Last post]
Jeannie's picture
Jeannie

I saw this on Alton Brown, thought I'd give it a twirl & its amazing!

I highly recommend it if you're throwing a holiday party, having some friends over or to make as a gift for Aunt Bea cause WOW! Good stuff!

I used Hershey's Special Dark Cocoa cause as we all know dark chocolate is good for you, or so sayeth Dr. Oz.

Anyway, give it a shot, its a lot better than that Swiss Miss crap.

* 2 cups powdered sugar
* 1 cup cocoa (Dutch-process preferred)
* 2 1/2 cups powdered milk
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons cornstarch
* 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
* Hot water

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and incorporate evenly. In a small pot, heat 4 to 6 cups of water.

Fill your mug half full with the mixture and pour in hot water. Stir to combine. Seal the rest in an airtight container, keeps indefinitely in the pantry. This also works great with warm milk.

Image: 

Yes, its me. You may now genuflect.

Amos's picture
Amos
That looks...

so good!

I am going to make this instead of coffee, tomorrow morning. Or maybe, I will use hot coffee instead of warm milk or hot water.

It'll be like Supermocha!

I AM EXCITE!!!!

Thanks Jeannie! <3

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

Jeannie's picture
Jeannie
Use less than the 1/2 cup of

Use less than the 1/2 cup of mix like Alton suggests, its really rich. I had to add some milk to cut it. And mini marshmallows of course!

Don't leave out the pinch of cayenne. It really makes the cocoa sing.

Enjoy Amos! And anyone else who gives it a try.

Amos's picture
Amos
just made this...

wif cawfee!!!

It is supergoodness. I will probably be bouncing and zinging around for about 2-3 hours, at least. :)

Maybe later I'll whip up some honeycream to put on top. Yeah.

The other day, my mom bought a blender with a food processor attachment. I am now totally excited about making peanut and almond butter. Not at the same time, cause I like 'em separate.

That way I can make the almost perfect dessert/breakfast. French toast with almond butter and honey or maple syrup and one of theses crazy mocha things with lots of homemade whipped cream.

Wash it all down with some pop rocks.

Hang on, I'm gonna smoke some salvia.

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

Jeannie's picture
Jeannie
I'm so glad you liked

I'm so glad you liked it!

Instead of maple syrup, try some warmed up canned pie filling for a change. I made french toast the other day & covered it with some caramel apple pie filling and it was like the Gods smiled down upon me.

Diet, what diet? We don' need no stinkin' diets! lol

Also, see if you can find a good local butcher. I found a place in rural Goose Creek who butchers his own beef & hogs. I never knew steaks & pork were supposed to taste like this. Even his beef hot dogs are amazing! Everything is so juicy! He's also around 25% cheaper than the supermarkets. With the focus down here on everything local even the produce is fantastically fresh. I'm cooking better, eating better & feeling better & supporting the local economy at the same time.