An Interesting 2 hours

2 replies [Last post]
thefools's picture
thefools

I just stumbled onto this on youtube after searching full documentaries. Some of you may have already seen it as it was originally released a couple of years ago, but this is an updated 2010 version. Anyway, I can't personally vouch for the validity of any of it, or say I agree with all of it. I did find it interesting, and at times overwhelming in breadth. It deals with a lot of the issues I've seen discussed on the board, maybe too simplistically. It took me a few sittings to make it through all 2 hours, but it was worth it to me...jen fool
this is the link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gKX9TWRyfs

Amos's picture
Amos
Thanks Jen.

I have seen this but, I am curious about the new addendum. Both of the Zeitgeist movies were fascinating and informative. In this day and age, it is extremely difficult, and possibly even detrimental, to take any information at face value. Not often enough do we ask ourselves, "what does x have to gain by presenting idea y into the public consciousness?" Or, "what does x have to gain by suppressing idea z?" Two simple questions, which can often reveal the "complex" nature of politics and human interaction as little more than naked self interest.

I hope the clouds clear out, so I can see the lunar eclipse tonight. Because the meteor shower last week was pretty cool but, I have a feeling this'll be cooler.

Anyone else gonna be moonwatching tonight? Anyone back east see the meteor showers?

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

Amos's picture
Amos
Here's another...

PJ vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxPPnCW6sMo&feature=related

The title is, "Where Are We Going?" I linked part 1 of 2. I'm pretty sure all his vids are available( probably not cut in half either) at www.thezeitgeistmovement.com though.

The eclipse was AMAZING. Saw a few shooting stars as well. Majestic. Also mind boggling when considering that ancient man was capable of mapping and tracking the stars, with astonishing accuracy, without the benefits of of modern technology. Deducing the existence of some stars, which couldn't even be seen, by observing the behaviors of visible stars.

This morning, there was a rainbow outside my window, close and shimmering, so I ran outside to take a few pics. Rainbow pics are rarely as cool as rainbow connections (:)) so I won't post 'em. But I will say this, on my way back inside, I noticed that it was, in fact, a double rainbow. For reals. The outer rainbow was very faint though. The nearly full moon was still visible too, which gave the whole scene that extra bit of awesomesauce. That vid is funny as hell though.

Okay, the coffee is really kickin' in now.

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.