new weekly topic for 2011?

3 replies [Last post]
Bee K's picture
Bee K

Is anyone interested in participating in some kind of weekly log/journal post on this forum that focuses on health and/or similar goals that we're working on? I write because I know I'm always working on running, some other folks blog about their yoga or other exercise, some of us are celebrating months sober, some of us totally gorge on a pint of ice cream and hate ourselves for it, etc. We would just post a new topic once a week. Write whatever/whenever you want. Victories, setbacks, temptations, etc.

Anyone down?

Ben

MMM's picture
MMM
Sounds like a great idea for a blog...

People are always free to comment on Blog entries as much as they want. http://www.olivejuicemusic.com/posting-blog

I just heard on BL about some misconceptions about activity and weight loss. I'll post it once the podcast is up.

"Here to do great things."

Bee K's picture
Bee K
I'd be curious to hear it. My

I'd be curious to hear it. My understanding--from reading and experience--is that exercise doesn't contribute significantly to weight loss...what you eat does. And how much. When I was hiking in Oregon, this really hit home: I hiked 15 mile days on some oatmeal, some ramen, and a few snacks. That was enough. I didn't keel over. Normally, here in NYC, I probably eat twice the calories I ate on the trail with 1/4 of the physical activity.

Exercise feels great, though. And regardless of what any magazine says, I can't deny that since I started running I have more endurance and energy for my kid and my evenings. Walking works, but I can cover 2 to 3 times the distance with running. It just feels awesome.

MMM's picture
MMM
Whoop her et is!

"Here to do great things."