Herb's Antifolk Fest Photo Journal

9 replies [Last post]
Bee K's picture
Bee K

He was there for most of the nights. It's pretty cool!

http://www.americansongwriter.com/2011/03/the-2011-winter-antifolk-fest-...

MMM's picture
MMM
In my opinion the OJ night

In my opinion the OJ night was under covered in this article.

"Here to do great things."

Bee K's picture
Bee K
I'm sure Herb has a good

I'm sure Herb has a good explanation for why he wasn't there. Herb?

MMM's picture
MMM
How can one claim to have

How can one claim to have seen "one of the best nights of the fest" if you didn't see all of them?

speakerb's picture
speakerb
yeah

but then again, herb was there when OJ wasn't. what i mean to say is, that herb was there more than just one night in the entire fest. where as the OJ crowd was there one night and then not there for the rest of the fest...

domo arigato

MMM's picture
MMM
What do you mean by the OJ crowd?

Don't know how you could speak for an entire crowd? I was only there one night but I think there were proabbly quite of few people that were there for several nights, including the OJ night. But this seems beside the point to me.

Herb's picture
Herb
I was genuinely sorry that I

I was genuinely sorry that I was unable to attend every show on every night. I did in fact feel badly about leaving some folks out of the piece, including some I feel are good friends. It wasn't just the OJ night. There were acts I think on every night that I wasn't able to include for one reason or another, so there probably are other folks feeling as you do Matt--upset that they weren't included. One key factor in all of this was when and how the piece was assigned, and also how the nature of it evolved over the course of working on it during the week. But in any event as it was, I was at Sidewalk, for many long hours over many nights and I am proud that I was able to have covered the Festival as extensively as I did and to have given the scene and some individuals a certain amount of attention.

The question of inclusiveness when working on projects like this within our scene is tricky. I have on multiple occasions been upset myself to have not been included in various projects, so I understand how people feel about it. The process wasn't perfect, but I did as well as I could.

MMM's picture
MMM
Herb, it's a fine piece. And I

Herb, it's a fine piece. And I think it's cool anytime any artist I like gets any kind of press validation or creates any for that matter. I wasn't being serious really. I was just pointing out what I thought was a weak journalistic statement to say any part of the fest was better than any other if you didn't actually attend the entire fest. Kind of like when you see a deli that says, "Best Coffee in New York." I was being tongue in cheek about not mentioning the OJ night. Of course I care more about that night because I organized it but it's okay. I will survive. I'm sure, as usual, the entire fest was great!

Bee K's picture
Bee K
Matt, don't spend too many

Matt, don't spend too many nights thinking how Herb did you wrong on one night.

speakerb's picture
speakerb
five finger shots

i'm not entirely sure what i meant by "oj crowd" either. those daw-gone shots i drank last night made me a bit spicy on the oj board before i went off to sleepy time.

domo arigato