Pro Tools 9

3 replies [Last post]
MMM's picture
MMM

I'm giving myself the whole day to upgrade my Pro Tools recording software today. I'm excited about some of the new features but I'm a little stressed out because it involves not just a major upgrade of the program but a complete OS system upgrade as well as some specific plug in upgrades that involve fiddling with my iLock which always kind of confuses me. It seems like every time I try to do something like this it involves me sitting in front of my computer for hours scanning online support forums to try and figure out why something isn't working right. Just wondering if anyone has ever gone through this and if I can hit you up for advice just in case?!?! Wish me luck.
Thanks
MMM

"Here to do great things."

speakerb's picture
speakerb
ilok nightmare on stockholm street.

it took me a few tries to get that going right. ilok is confusing and almost makes you feel like you're trying to steel something when you're trying to get your access codes. redick!

i can help troubleshoot if need be. i'm on snow leopard, with protools 9. the best advice i can give you is: go one step, slow step, at a time. get your OS fully operational before anything else. restart your computer after each installation. and don't be afraid to uninstall something if its not working properly. reboot!

good luck!

domo arigato

LP's picture
LP
2nd computer

Whenever I'm working on a machine in unsure areas, I like to have a 2nd machine up to do the reference work, take notes, etc. It can be really helpful in terms of streamlining the process.

MMM's picture
MMM
Good advice

I'm planning on that. Turns out I didn't realize that I had to actually order a hard copy of the new Mac OS so my upgrade got a little delayed while I wait for it to be mailed to me. I'll keep you posted. I'm psyched about some of the new features with the new Pro Tools though.

"Here to do great things."