Apple vs Samsung

4 replies [Last post]
Anther Pollitt's picture
Anther Pollitt

It's the bout of the century everyone.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/apple/8460300/Apple-sues-Samsung-f...

So any child in kindergarten now who draws a picture of an apple is now viable for a lawsuit. They'll get you if you even think about eating an apple!

Pathetic. I hate apple.

Charging inflated prices for products that can be bought for a third of the price with better spec and an advertisting campaign that feeds on the diseased and brainless.

Boo!

opemily's picture
opemily
This is the world of

This is the world of technology. Every company sues each other over patent infringement etc. Motorola sues everyone, Nokia sues everyone, Microsoft sues everyone, Google, Yahoo, Samsung, Dell, RIM, Sony... it's not just Apple. Especially when the smartphone industry is so hot right now- every company needs a competitive edge and they're all using the same companies to provide chips, displays, batteries, and other resources, and most of them are assembled at the same factory in China. Job security is working in the legal department at one of these companies.

I worked at Apple and there are plenty of things that are rotten there, but this is just the industry- not the company.

Anther Pollitt's picture
Anther Pollitt
Thanks for your views

you know i write these things to stir up the pot around here ;]
Obviously I need to work on my arguements a little better.

''I worked at Apple and there are plenty of things that are rotten there, but this is just the industry- not the company.'' -And are you talking about those tracker chips they're putting in the i-phones? Shady,shady business....I just saw on the news this guy had his phone plugged into the computer and it stored every detail of his movement, even down to what hotel he stayed in on his vacation. Luckily my uncle has 2 i-phones hahaha, and a mac... and an ipad.. :/

opemily's picture
opemily
I was actually talking about

I was actually talking about the industry suing each other but I know about the GPS chips in the phone. I actually saw mine. It's not the exact locations, but its a little off- I think it goes to the nearest cell tower. But the cell phone company can track me using my cell phone reception too. My ISP knows who I am from my IP address. Whenever I tweet, go on facebook, foursquare, etc- my location is sent out. My photos I take with my iPhone are all geo-tagged. The bank could probably figure out where I lived and worked based on which ATMs I use regularly.

Also, I live in Egypt these days, so my e-mail, browsing history, chats, SMS, phone calls were all available to the government and very likely monitored. My bf confirmed all my friends and I had files in state security (which may or may not have been completely dissolved). Not to mention as an American female- I stick out like a sore thumb. Ask the guys working in the garage across the street or the people working in the grocery next door. They will tell you EVERYTHING about me. How long I lived in the building, my daily routine, my diet, and their opinions on my personal character based on the number of visitors I have. I'm pretty sure the local pharmacist gossips about what medications I'm taking, so I now have to go to another neighborhood to buy prescriptions. Luckily, I'm nice to everybody so they say good things about me- but my roommate is hard on the delivery guy and doesn't tip him well so everyone on the block thinks she's a bitch and says bad stuff about her. I gave up the idea of privacy a long time ago.

opemily's picture
opemily
send this to your uncle

it won't get rid of the tracking, but it does disable some of the data mining apple is doing on your phone

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4228