Seeking: projector, lamp, pullup bar...

2 replies [Last post]
Jeff Lewis's picture
Jeff Lewis

Yeah, while I'm looking thru Craigslist i figure I'll post here too:

I'd like to replace my old digital projector with a more reliable one (at least 1100 lumens or more, and weigh 5.7 lbs or less)

Also I could use some standing lamps.

And one of those chin-up/pull-up bars that you don't have to screw into a wall, they just brace themselves.

Lemme know! I know that I'm missing out on Lach's apartment sale this weekend, since I'll be out of town...

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
Yes

Jeff, email me.
I'll hook you up with a pull-up bar that latches over the door frame.
Just make sure you have the right kind of door frame.
barrynowbliss@gmail.com

LP's picture
LP
Projector

Looking for projectors is a *total* pain in the arse.
A million models, a million weird acronyms, etc.

I looked through an article that listed the best travel projectors from 2008/9, and then set up a saved search on ebay (If you don't know how to do this, it's simply awesome). I picked up a Viewsonic PJ538 (2000 Lumens, LCD, 4 lbs) with about 25 hours on it for $200 and change.
It's a wide throw, so it needs to be close to the projected surface, but it's great for me.

I strongly suggest finding the model you want (argg), and then setting up a saved search. Even if you get one, you can leave the search running and lowball a backup over a period of time.
Features like being able to project from an SD or compact flash card would seem to be totally awesome for you, as then it could operate without a computer.

If mine sounds interesting, but you'd like to see it in action just lemme know.