Health Insurance

3 replies [Last post]
deenah's picture
deenah

I'm looking to buy an independent health insurance plan. Does anybody have any ideas or advice on how to go about this?

Does anybody here pay for their own plan?

Thanks!

D

Bee K's picture
Bee K
The Freelancers Union,

The Freelancers Union, HealthyNY, FamilyPlus and Medicaid are the options that I've used in the past. They were what they were. I have no idea whether FU or HNYU are the better deal these days. I know that it's better to go for the higher yearly deductible if it will save you significant monthly payments, and especially if you're healthy.

DillanFox's picture
DillanFox
Deenah, glad to know that you

Deenah, glad to know that you really want to purchase your own health insurance plan. I read from this article Cost of insurance varies widely, but many choosing to go without that a lot of American drops their own health insurance since they are cutting off their expenses. Personally, I don't want to drop it since health is one of my top priority while leaving.
Bee, thanks for the health insurance options you provided. I considered them in choosing. Thanks a lot.

Sarah Talia's picture
Sarah Talia
Hey Deenah, Did you already

Hey Deenah,

Did you already work your health insurance out? This is something called "The Mayor's Health Insurance Link," seems pretty comprehensive and allows you to compare plans including Freelancer's Union. You would think they could come up with a better title than Link though.

https://a069-webapps7.nyc.gov/healthinslink/home.aspx

Sarah