Is It Me?

4 replies [Last post]
Jeannie's picture
Jeannie

Or is it just a great day to be alive? Heck, make that just great to be alive!
Happy times everyone! :)Happy times!

Yes, its me. You may now genuflect.

Jeannie's picture
Jeannie
No One Else

Is Happy???

Geez, what's wrong with you kids??

Jeannie's picture
Jeannie
You're All A Bunch of

Old Farts!!
phhhhhhht

MMM's picture
MMM
YOU TOTALLY ROCK JEANNIE!

Ever since I was in Jr. High people have told me that I exhibit these sort cynical/curmudgeon qualities that I know I've inherited from my father. I've dealt with the urge to be a "grumpy old man" my whole life and now as I feel it occasionally tapping on my front door For Real! I see no point in it whatsoever. I heard about a study not too long ago about how we actually get happier the older we get: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/7295954/We-are-h...

"Here to do great things."

Jeannie's picture
Jeannie
YAY Matt!

I found when I turned 40 that my attitude became one of "fuck 'em if they can't take a joke". I no longer cared what people thought about me and/or my actions.
At 50 it intensified. I also noticed more elderly folks. More friends parents came down with Alzheimer's. More childhood friends passed away from serious illnesses that I always attributed to "old age"
They claim middle age is around 50, but that's assuming we'll live to be 100. I think life expectancy is more around 75 for most folks so I'm on the downside of my life with only about 20 yrs more to go before they put me in that nice oblong box & plant me in the cold hard ground. Ain't no way around that... yet.
So with only another 20 yrs to go, I got a lot of living to do. The choice is mine. I can be too afraid to try new things, too afraid to go to new places and just sit around & wait for God to call me home. Not a choice that I can live with.
My choice is to live life to its fullest, ignore the aches & pains that come with age & ignore the so-called barriers that supposedly come with age, like going out to clubs, etc. & leave a note for God that reads, sorry God, out living. I'll catch you later!
I guess the monthly shows I do at nursing homes, senior centers, etc. has shown me, AIN'T NO FRIGGIN' WAY I"M ENDING UP LIKE THAT!!!!!
I never thought of you as grumpy Matt. Quiet, introspective, maybe, but never grumpy.