Brute Force Live at SideWalk for The Eve of September - 7PM... and I have 8 new songs for you at 8!

3 replies [Last post]
dizozza's picture
dizozza

-- Has anyone heard the pop songs of Apple Records recording artist Brute Force? I think you'll like them... Hear them live this Wednesday at 7PM...
-- My new script and score project is called "The Floaters" and I'm recording an album of its new songs at Galuminum Foil... I think you'll like them... Hear them fresh at 8PM... August 31st, The Eve of September! only at SideWalk! Peter Dizozza

as for the attached picture of a pre-pealed album cover... remember, no one is weirder than the beatles...

Image: 
MMM's picture
MMM
Gareth from Misty's Big

Gareth from Misty's Big Adventure is a huge Brute Force fan.

"Here to do great things."

Jeff Lewis's picture
Jeff Lewis
Yes, Grandmaster Gareth of

Yes, Grandmaster Gareth of Misty's Big Adventure got me into Brute Force, and then I found his 1966 album "Confections of Love" for 12 bucks at Cakeshop a few years back. Oddball stuff, he's somewhat in the same category of lost 60s eccentrics as Biff Rose. I saw Brute Force perform at Galapagos a few years ago (when Spencer Chakedis was working sound there), and I took part in a Brute Force recording session in Brooklyn at some point too, he was recording some songs he'd written in the 60s but had never documented, Grandmaster was producing, we got Peter Stampfel to do some overdubs. Can I possibly do more name-dropping in this post?
Thanks for alerting me to the Wed gig of Brute Force at Sidewalk! Maybe I'll get to go, tho I might be busy...

Jeff Lewis's picture
Jeff Lewis
Oh dammit, I think you meant

Oh dammit, I think you meant the show was this past Wednesday (last night), not Wednesday next week...
That's the danger of not including the date in your posting titles, people!!
Perhaps the phrase "The Eve of September" should have been my big clue.
Urg.
Anybody got a show review for me??