Stop the Execution of Troy Davis (petition)

4 replies [Last post]
Jeff Lewis's picture
Jeff Lewis

Hi,

Troy Davis could be executed as soon as September 21, 2011 for a crime he did not commit. Davis is on death row in Georgia for the 1991 murder of Police Officer Mark MacPhail. However since his conviction, seven of the nine witnesses who testified against him have recanted and no physical evidence links Davis to the crime. No one should be executed when there are so many doubts about guilt. It is more important than ever that we continue to let Georgia authorities know that we oppose any effort to execute Troy Davis. Sign the petition today!

So I signed a petition to Georgia State Board of Pardons and Paroles, which says:

"We, the undersigned, call on Georgia authorities to take all steps necessary to ensure that Troy Anthony Davis is not executed. Seven of the nine witnesses have changed their story and no physical evidence links Davis to the crime. No one should be executed, especially when there are so many doubts about guilt."

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://signon.org/sign/stop-the-execution-of?source=s.em.cp&r_by=587551

Thanks!

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
---------I made a mistake in my original reply/post.----------

I emailed the State board yesterday and i just signed (clicked) the petition, Jeff.

Maybe you saw it, but when Rick Perry's (governer of Texas, not Georgia where Davis is being held) execution history was brought up at the debate many in the audience applauded.
Of course when Ron Paul brought up how we should get out of the 100 plus countries we are in he got booed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
" Barry, I thought you said these sorts of petitions don't do any good?"

Usually they have no effect, but at least I am now on somebody's watch list for having picked a side and taken a stand.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
Nellie McKay Song
Prewar Yardsale's picture
Prewar Yardsale
signed

signed

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
of course

"Usually they (petitions like this) have no effect, but at least I am now on somebody's watch list for having picked a side and taken a stand."
Barry

"Troy Davis executed, supporters cry injustice"
CBS News