Anxiety EP by American Anymen

3 replies [Last post]
Jeff Lewis's picture
Jeff Lewis

I gotta say, i'm quite pleased to see that the Anxiety EP by American Anymen is being prominently offered on the OJ site - one of the best antifolk releases ever!!
If you haven't heard it I suggest you buy it ASAP, $5 ain't too much to ask for a great and unique recording. It's short, but it does the trick.
It's hard to describe accurately but it's one of a kind and it's really good. I have played this album for a bunch of people over the years. Glad it has not disappeared from the face of the earth, like a few other greatest-ever antifolk albums have.

MMM's picture
MMM
AA is back

I agree whole heartedly. You can listen to the first track off of Anxiety here: http://www.reverbnation.com/artist/song_details/9517693

I had sold out of Anxiety before, stupidly, forgetting to keep a copy for myself. We've been in the process of working on a new album for the past 6 months or so with a handful of raw material that was recorded during the Anxiety sessions, way back when. I got him to bring down the master for Anxiety and we duped off some copies for the distro. I'm super excited about the new stuff but it's been a little slow going since he lives in Boston now. But I'm happy to report Brett is doing well and back in the saddle of music. I think he wants to move back the NYC with his girlfriend. Anyone looking for roommates? I booked him to play Juice Box #4 recently. I wish there were more people there to see him but it was a great show. His set these days consists of a very tight sort of "best of" compilation of AA songs through the years. It's good stuff. Even solo acoustic these songs sound great. Jeff, next time you play in Boston you should ask him to open for you.
http://www.olivejuicemusic.com/artists/american-anymen

"Here to do great things."

Toby Goodshank's picture
Toby Goodshank
great songs

and great recording, too!

Tone-new's picture
Tone-new
You guys are so right

This is a work of genius.