NYC rally (anti-1%/Romney) Wednesday

1 reply [Last post]
Jeff Lewis's picture
Jeff Lewis

I just got this from MoveOn, I'm thinking of going to this rally tomorrow in NYC - Jeff

I'm Arlene G., a MoveOn member and part of the American Dream Movement. I'm writing because the American Dream continues to be under attack. That's why people are joining together to demand a system that works for the 99%, not just the wealthiest 1%.

We're organizing locally to fight for an America where everyone who wants to work can find a decent job—and an America where millionaires and billionaires pay their fair share to get our economy back on track.

More than 13 million people are unemployed. Congress continues to protect the interests of corporations and the super-rich instead of fighting for the middle class. And Republicans across the nation are still intent on attacking workers' rights, cutting public sector jobs, and gutting programs like Medicare and Social Security. Will you join me on Wednesday at Mitt Romney's fundraiser with JP Morgan Chase to help spread that word that Romney is a 1% politician?

Yes, I can be there!

The American Dream Movement started when regular people stood up and fought back—together. As Mitt Romney collects campaign contributions from investment bankers, we'll come together at a protest on Wednesday in Manhattan at 1:15 PM to expose his Wall Street connections. Here are some more details about the event:

GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney is holding a fundraiser with JP Morgan Chase's Jimmy Lee at the Waldorf Astoria. Let's join Americans United for Change as they confront Romney as he appeals to the 1%.

Meet at the Waldorf Astoria on Park Avenue between 49th - 50th Street. Americans United for Change is organizing this event.

Can you join me and others in our area on Wednesday?

Click here for more information and to RSVP.

Sincerely,

–Arlene G., MoveOn member

P.S. Don't worry, this email was sent through the MoveOn system, so your personal contact info is kept private.

MoveOn is committed to nonviolence in the long tradition of protest movements throughout our history that have brought America closer to our founding dream—liberty and justice for all. As progressives, we respect all people and do not support or endorse any violence or property destruction.

Want to support our work? MoveOn Civic Action is entirely funded by our 5 million members–no corporate contributions, no big checks from CEOs. And our tiny staff ensures that small contributions go a long way. Chip in here.

MMM's picture
MMM
3 month OWS Celebration.

I would highly recommend this as well: http://i.imgur.com/YVS4q.jpg
http://occupywallst.org/article/occupy-20-d17/ I'm sadly not going to be here.

"Here to do great things."