Regarding the Recent Bliss Show at Sidewalk

4 replies [Last post]
Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss

It has come to my attention that perhaps some folks were dissapointed by my last show in the sense that they were expecting something
more different than what I have done before than what I did.
I never said it was going to be Black Metal versions of some of my songs.
Black Metal generally has a different kind of singing style associated with it than the way I sing.
I did, however, say metal versions.
I said that because the acoustic instruments (other than voice) had been replaced with highly distorted electric ones.
I figured "metal" was safe.

The mix had a little less guitar than what I had envisioned.
This was no fault of Brian Speaker's, who was the soundperson.
Not only did I not express exactly what I was going for (and may not have fully known myself), but I specifically asked him to make sure the audience could hear the words.

Whatever it was it was what it was.
It was an experiment and I had a joyful experience rehearsing and performing that way for a few weeks.

If I mislead anyone I apologize.

My guess is that most people that attended would have come even if I had not been performing at all.
My guess also is that those their liked what I did no more or less than they would have liked what I have done before.
I am not certain what Herb Scher thought, but other than..hahaha..I don't believe people really cared what form my (and to a certain extent Bryan Copeland's) show took.

PS typed/composed offline and pasted a day later

Prewar Yardsale's picture
Prewar Yardsale
I was only dissapointed when

I was only dissapointed when I got on stage and the banner was down, it made me think of barry bliss combined with gospel retribution choir

LUL's picture
LUL
nice

nice

LUL's picture
LUL
nice

nice

IMG_8189.JPG
LUL's picture
LUL
Good show. I noticed how by

Good show.

I noticed how by the time you got to the last 2 songs you conquered the electric guitar thing and started to have more fun. Keep it up ROCK OUT ... Funny I was able to imagine how it would sound if you had a drum player behind you also ... Wow that would really sound good I bet.

Larry

IMG_8180.JPG