OJ in the Deli this week

5 replies [Last post]
MMM's picture
MMM

There is an interesting article in the Deli this week about the NYC music industry. I have a couple of quotes in it. It starts on page 7. It's more or less a hatchet job of a lot of stuff I said but quotes are accurate.

There is a sentence in the article that is sticking in my crawl a bit. It's in the second paragraph of the section about Olive Juice. The phrase that I "single-handedly" did all of these things couldn't be further from the truth. I had a great deal of help from Nan and a lot of other people. I could never have done any of the things I have done, musically, without a great deal of support and volunteer help from friends, fans, family and fellow artists. I really want to make that clear I never said I did any of this stuff "single handedly." It was an inaccurate liberty made by the writer. It is not how I feel. Other than that I think it's a pretty interesting article.

http://nyc.thedelimagazine.com/9666/deli-magazine-nyc-issue-30-pdf-strea...

"Here to do great things."

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
Perhaps a letter to the editor is in order?

???

MMM's picture
MMM
Done.

No response yet. But I'll keep you posted.

MMM's picture
MMM
Mission Accomplished

Note From Matt Roth about nyc industry article on issue 30.
http://nyc.thedelimagazine.com/9777/note-from-matt-roth-about-nyc-indust...

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
Good job Matt.

I respect the fact that they put that up for all to see.

MMM's picture
MMM
Yeah, me too. It took a

Yeah, me too. It took a couple of prods. At first they told me to just leave a comment on their "online" version of the zine. But there were some technical difficulties that weren't allowing me to do that. So Paolo, the editor, just went ahead and posted on the blog. Sometimes if feels like fighting misquotes and inaccurate press accounts is a futile battle but I'm glad I was able to do something.