Your photos - 20th anniversary of Sidewalk's open mic/music scene

4 replies [Last post]
Herb S.'s picture
Herb S.

Hello Folks -

This year will mark the 20th anniversary since the open mic/music scene started at Sidewalk Cafe. The upcoming Antifolk Fest (Feb 19 to 28) will kick-off a year-long celebration/acknowledgement of this anniversary and in conjunction with that I am putting together an online gallery of images documenting the scene there. The gallery will be on Sidewalk's web site and possibly elsewhere (Facebook, etc.)

I've gathered a lot of photos but have been having a hard time getting any pictures from the earliest time frame at Sidewalk - from the start in 1993 through like 98/99. So, if you were on the scene then and have some photos you could send or know who I could ask, that would be great. I still am open to pictures from other time frames too, although the early years are what's needed most. I can't promise I'll use everything sent, but I do want to make sure to represent the folks who were active on the scene. I'd also be interested in compelling/notable flyers. In both cases please let me know who created the items (photographer or artist) and if you are confident about the rights to use the materials. We might also want to send some items of particular interest to the press. This is all coming together this week and we hope to have the gallery launched by February 19. Thanks for any help - you can send stuff to me at:

thirdclassmail [..at..] earthlink.net

Herb Scher

MMM's picture
MMM
This one is labeled New Years

This one is labeled New Years but I can't remember what year or who took it. Judging by the no stage and the way I look I'd say it's pretty old. Maybe '99 or '00?
NEWYEARS14_0.jpg

"Here to do great things."

Herb S.'s picture
Herb S.
Cooolll.. Thanks, Matt.

Cooolll.. Thanks, Matt.

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
I came in Feb. '99

and there was no stage, but not for long.
I'd say your guess is right, MMM.

ricky123's picture
ricky123
Wow this is great I hope I

Wow this is great I hope I can see more photos from 1993 I'm looking forward for that.

buy soundcloud bot
buy soundcloud downloads