I'm in the mood for love...

9 replies [Last post]
MMM's picture
MMM

Tell me about your first kiss... How old were you? Was it nice? Scary? Wet? Gross? Amazing? Where was it? How long was it? I want details!!! (you don't have to use real names)

"Here to do great things."

MMM's picture
MMM
Okay, I'll start...

It was Holly Gribble. I think it was around the 8th grade after a cast party for the school play. There was always a lot of heat going on at those cast parties. I think she was in charge of costumes or makeup or something like that. I was the stage manager. She was short with curly hair and a really nice smile. We weren't dating or anything. I think it was a bit of a pity kiss. Or maybe she was just curious. She was kind of in a more popular crowd at the time but for some reason she liked me. She called me her, "buddy." I think she had a bit of a "thing" for artists. I also played football so we both dabbled on both sides of the line. Even though we didn't really hang out in the same social circles somehow we could talk. She told me I was a good kisser which did a lot for my confidence, probably to this day. I remember being really nervous because I was the last of all my friends to do it and I had all those same (what am I supposed to do with my tongue) fears. It was only like a minute or so. I think everyone was leaving and everyone had gone upstairs. I can't remember if she asked or just did it but I remember her being sort of the initiator. I'm glad because I was way too nervous. I think this was the case with most of my kisses. I'd be curious to know how many people initiated their first kiss? I don't think she knew it was my first time and I'm not sure I ever told her.

Vincent Nifigance's picture
Vincent Nifigance
Holly Gribble

Amazing. That's the kind of name a young girl from a significant memory HAS to have.

Vincent Nifigance's picture
Vincent Nifigance
I was 12 years old, and the

I was 12 years old, and the whole thing was orchestrated by older parties. Being of opposite sex, and similar age, the older kids took us into our respective gender-camps and press-ganged us into it. Not knowing at what stage negotiations in the pink corner were at, I decide to give my blood sugar a much needed nudge with a particularly tough caramel...

Obviously, just as I started to make some inroads into it's mass, and out of my molars I'm up -

Pushed out of the living room door into the hall with Natalie.

So I do what any red-blooded, 12 year old would do in my situation and shove that tacky mass over the side of my mouth to sit on the sidelines until I was done taking one small step for a small man.

It was like kissing to a click-track. Mechanical and passionless, but nevertheless it was about as awesome as life could possibly get up to that point.

This sealed the deal on our going out.

Which ended the next night without my getting a chance to try again without the candy handicap.

Soléna's picture
Soléna
great memory

I was 16. I never even had a "lover" as a kid. It's late but it was worth the wait. It was on a rainy night, under a tent. The guy asked me if he could kiss me and I said I'm not sure. Then I explained it was because I was scared and he kissed me. He was older, I had been in love with him for a year but too shy to act or tell anything. It was actually pretty perfect cause the guy was a really good kisser and I just learned instantly how to kiss like him. Then the sound of rain falling on a tent became one of my favourite sound for a long time.

='.'=

Chris Andersen's picture
Chris Andersen
I must have been

I must have been fourteen...it would have been fall of my freshman year of high school. I had just started going out with this girl, my first girlfriend. We hadn't done anything more than hold hands; I've always been really nervous about initiating that kind of stuff (I'm pretty sure she asked me out). She was one of that tiny handful of punks we had in town around then. Greenday and Offspring had kind of brought punk mainstream at the time, but she was into stuff like The Dead Milkmen, The Mr. T Experience, and maybe The Descendants. Not the hardest stuff around, but way off my radar. She wore a leather jacket that had a tiny Calvin and Hobbes painted on the back. She liked cartoons and she laughed at my jokes, which have always been two big things I look for in a girlfriend. I was just some doof. Some weirdo. I'm sure I would have called myself an eccentric. But fourteen year olds aren't eccentric. They're just weirdos.

We had just walked back from the movie theater to my house (I think we watched Powder (I know we saw it together in the theater together at some point, so let's just say it was Powder)). We were sitting on the couch watching Rocco's Modern Life. Two characters kissed (I want to say Ed and Mrs. Bighead) and it was like, all of a sudden the idea of kissing was out there. It was in the zeitgeist. So she quickly leaned in a kissed me.

Her lips were chapped and pursed, if memory serves. It was quick, barely more than a peck. It was not the kind of thing one would brag to a friend about, if I were the type of ungentlemanly kid to brag about experiences with women. Girls. You know.

Still, it was a kiss that meant something. It meant the world to me, anyway. That it wasn't all rejection and indifference. That she liked me. It was great.

She dumped me in a few months after spring break for a Sophomore named Boris that tried to grab her boob.

Bee K's picture
Bee K
I wish I had more time to

I wish I had more time to write on this one.

I had a kissing buddy when I was 10 one summer. Amy Pennfeld. She was 9. We really didn't know what we were doing. We kept saying "Oh my darling" in British accents while we kissed. We didn't know about tongues. We just gave each other these long, closed-lipped kisses. There was a camping trip with the adults and a bunch of older kids. They made Amy and I share the "little kids tent." I remember we were really excited about this. There were rainstorms that night and we kept waking up to kiss and "oh my darling."

I was really shy with girls and didn't kiss another until I was 21. She was really cool and the kiss was really romantic, under a full moon on a stone bench by a secluded lake with a pair of swans swimming by in the light. It was worth the 11 dry years, no question.

I ran into Amy here in NYC about 10 years ago. She was into cocaine and orgies. I tried to get invited to an orgy but it didn't work.

ray's picture
ray
Ya'll are making me feel all dirty with your sweet stories...

why don't I have a story like this? I have no memory of my first kiss, but I know it happened 8 years after the first time I had sex, and I had a lot of sex before my first kiss.

I heard about my first kiss the day after from the two girls who shared it with me, in my parent's bed, the summer after high school - "we had a threeway kiss". I felt nauseous...

I remember it more for being my first terrible hangover and for trying to replace a blanket w/ a cigarette burn, before my parent's returned home from Europe.

Scherwvon! was awesome in New Haven. Cafe Nine Rocks!

Bee K's picture
Bee K
I love Cafe Nine. My old band

I love Cafe Nine. My old band GunStreetRadio got into a fight with a jam band after a gig. We peeled out of town flipping them the bird. Those were the days!

MMM's picture
MMM
Thanks Eric...

Thanks for coming! We had a great time.