The OJ Events Calendar is there to be used!!!

3 replies [Last post]
MMM's picture
MMM

I was just thinking I went to 2 amazing events on New Year's Eve and neither of them were displayed on the events calendar. This lead me to ask the question: How come more people don't post their events here?

Do people not feel comfortable telling people about their shows? Come on don't hide it under a bushel. Let your little light shine!

Is it confusing in some way? Just click on the link that says "Event" under the "Post Content." column. Would you like some more specific directions like how we did for "Posting a Blog?"

Are you just being lazy? This is gonna do a lot more for you than just another witty Facebook status. And how much time do you spend writing those things?

Do you think it will make you look uncool? Well, it won't. It's extremely cool to post an event on the OJ calendar. A lot of this stuff doesn't get listed in Timeout or The Voice. This is the real underground people. We are a totally independent entity that is fully supported by the artists that it serves. There's nothing cooler than that! If you think that's not cool then you shouldn't even be reading this.

Do you think no one ever looks at the calendar? Wrong again. Hundreds if not thousands of people a day check out the OJ site. Plus I've noticed that OJ calendar posts come up in Google searches pretty rapidly.

The more people put up their events the more people will use it as a reference for stuff to do. Please don't be shy. It's okay if there's already something posted that night. It's a big world...there are enough fans our there for everyone!!!

Thanks
MMM

"Here to do great things."

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss
-

You provide a service when you post your show.
It lets people that would like to hear you know where they can do so, and it lets people who would not like to hear you know where not to be.

MMM's picture
MMM
Good point Barry!

Good point Barry!

"Here to do great things."

Bee K's picture
Bee K
I've got nothing to ad except

I've got nothing to ad except my agreement!