The Wisconsin Lie

2 replies [Last post]
Amos's picture
Amos

Looks like Scott Walker is raising the bar for dishonest politicians who crusade in the name of "the people."

http://blogs.forbes.com/rickungar/2011/02/25/the-wisconsin-lie-exposed-t...

It really is time to root out public executives who serve corporate interests at the expense of their constituents.

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

Amos's picture
Amos
1933 redux?

You should know what Sibel Edmonds knows.

Barry Bliss's picture
Barry Bliss

..but it would effectively end 50 years to the right of these workers to collectively bargain.
I know you can say I am being picky, but I believe it is important to be clear.
This would not end the right to collectively bargain, it would end the legal right to collectively bargain.
One of the most important lessons I am still learning in life is that something being illegal does not mean you can't do it (and it certainly does not mean that it is wrong), it just means you'll be punished for it.
I don't advocate the legal right be taken away, but if it is, the right remains even if illegal.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I personally do not advocate lying, even in the form of that prank that was played on Walker.
That having been said, when I listened to some of the conversation between him and who he thought was one of the Koch brothers, it reminded me of an employee talking to his boss.
The employee was Walker.
The boss was Koch.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------